|Senior Data Analyst - HIV (596 Uganda)|
|GH Pro seeks mid-senior level M&E / public health candidates for a six-month assignment based in Uganda to provide technical assistance to the Strategic Information Unit in the USAID/Uganda Office for Health and HIV. Assignment start date is mid-late July or possibly early August.
NOTE: Since USAID facility access is required, U.S. or U.S. permanent resident candidates are highly preferred.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The HMIS is the official MOH system for routine data collection from health facilities in the country. The system utilizes a set of official paper-based data collection tools gazetted and approved by the Ministry of Health. The DHIS2 is the official web-based repository for this data. It is managed by the Division of Health Information in the ministry. The incumbent will be required to:
• Work in collaboration with other USG staff and implementing partners to influence revision of the national HMIS tools to meet performance management and reporting requirements for PEPFAR
• Monitor supply of tools in USAID-supported districts and work with USAID SI Technical Services (SITES) project and Implementing Partners (IPs) to ensure that all health facility SI staff are trained on use of the new HMIS tools and DHIS2
• Support IPs and other USAID-affiliated users to obtain access to the DHIS2 system through the Ministry of Health.
• Represent USAID at national, regional and district data cleaning and performance review
• Provide guidance to SITES and IPs in their support for DHIS2
• Provide guidance to SITES and IPs in rolling out and continuous management of Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
B. Data for Accountability Transparency Impact Monitoring (DATIM):
This is a repository for all PEPFAR data including Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (MER) indicators, Expenditure Analysis (EA) and SIMS data. The SDA will:
• Work with SITES to ensure the data warehouse is operational
• Extract and analyze all three streams of data as required
• Provide technical assistance to staff on general navigation of the system
• Create/ update accounts for agency and partner staff with appropriate access level rights
• Communicate any changes /updates within the system to the team
• Be an active member of DATIM and DATIM4U Core group and participate in meetings as required.
C. PEPFAR Program Performance Monitoring:
• Perform standard and rigorous analyses of FY 18 and FY 19 results, and COP17 and COP18 targets to guide the PEPFAR technical team. Use data visualization and dashboards as much as possible to communicate analyses. Perform analyses by IP, district prioritization and subpopulations (gender, age bands, key and priority populations, etc)
• Develop and/or maintain and keep updated dashboards and other data visualization tools
• Be responsible for completing the weekly HIV surge monitoring dashboard
• Provide guidance to SITES project completing cascade leak and other program analyses
• Serve as USAID SI lead for HIV Care and Treatment
D. Quarterly Reports to OGAC
• Participate in the quarterly process to map DHIS2 data onto DATIM
• Support merging of DHIS2 and HIBRID data for quarterly reports
• Support IPs to complete performance narratives for quarterly reports
• Enter quarterly report targets and narratives in FACTS Info
• Perform data analysis to support quarterly reports for the PEPFAR Oversight and Accountability Results Team (POART) and other Program Performance discussions
This is a presidential initiative whose primary impact of interest is reduction in new infections among females 15-24 in ten to twelve priority districts and other areas where PEPFAR is implementing programs. During this period, the incumbent will be required to:
• Attend regular DREAMS meetings
• Provide M&E support as and when required by the team
• Ensure all IPs contributing to this initiative are reporting as required
• Conduct field monitoring of DREAMS activities
F. Site Improvement through Monitoring System (SIMS): The goal of SIMS is to increase the impact of PEPFAR programs on the HIV epidemic through standardized monitoring of quality, at the site and above-site level, focusing on key program area elements. The SDA will support this activity in the following tasks:
• Work with SIMS team to coordinate visits.
• Travel to the field to conduct SIMS
G. Evaluations and Studies: The DO3 team has ongoing and planned evaluations and studies. These include but not limited to: Advocacy for Better Health (ABH) program evaluation, evaluation of the Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in the South-West Region (RHITES-SW) project and a Key Population study using the PLACE methodology. Within these, the incumbent will support the team with:
• Development and/or review of Statement of Work
• Providing technical guidance
• Preparation of documents for procurement of contractors/consultants
• Coordination of meetings
• Participate in field activities
• Review of outputs/deliverables
• Presentations to the mission and other relevant stakeholders.
H. Data Quality Assessments (DQAs): The incumbent will work with the Health Office, PPD, the Learning Contract and SITES to commission and participate in required and ad-hoc DQAs during this period. Support will include developing tools and schedules, providing guidance and ensuring standards are adhered to.
I. Meetings: In addition to the above, the incumbent will be required to attend the following meetings: